Wednesday, December 3, 2008

More things to be thankful for...

8. I'm thankful for my own private western-style toilet.  Seriously.  On a day-to-day basis, I don't think I would mind too much not having it.  I mean, I'm pretty used to using the other variety.  But let me just say that spending all Sunday night in and out of my bathroom throwing up into a western-style toilet (and sitting on a relatively clean floor next to it) was a much more pleasant way to be sick than to have had to use the public squatties located down the hall.
 
9. I'm thankful for friends here studying at the Medical University who are relatively fluent in medical Chinese (since they do their studies entirely in Chinese).  It's comforting to know that if I ever do actually have to go to a Chinese hospital, these friends would be there in a heartbeat to help me, and they'd actually know what's going on. 
 
10. Finally, I'm thankful for the progress I'm already making in getting better, and for not having to go to a hospital anyway (even if I do have people to help me).  Seriously, don't be too worried.  My body just decided Sunday night to get rid of any possible hazards from within my system.  I don't know why.  But by now I'm eating small bits of basic foods (crackers, noodles, eggs, apples), and getting better.  I even attended all my classes today!  So by the end of the week, I'm sure I'll be back to normal entirely. :)

No comments: